Selling digital products is a fast and simple way to generate passive income and the possibilities are endless! With online delivery, budget-friendly options, and higher profits than physical goods - what's not to love? Tap into this lucrative market today for maximum growth potential. Here are some ideas to get you started......
1. Recipes: Recipes are great ways to build your list. (check out my next blog to learn why building your email list is important) Simply create a download of the step-by-step instructions. Link it to a landing page for them to submit their email address into, and the recipe gets sent to their inbox. Make sure it is printer-friendly for their ease of use.
2. Guides: travel guides, health guides, disney vacation, Self-care, how-to…..sky’s the limit on what type of guide you can create. Look at your audience’s needs and requests and create a simple how-to guide around it that they can download.
3. Tutorial Videos: do a demonstration of something. Make-up how-to’s are pretty popular but it could be anything from properly saddling a horse, to how to paint a cool looking tree. Whatever your community is into. Teach them how to do it better with a video.
4. Workbooks: Looking for a way to help your audience make those big life decisions? Consider creating and selling downloadable workbooks! Workbooks are great because they offer the user step-by-step guidance on how to reach their desired goals - whether it's business planning, debt payoff plans or budgeting. Plus, these helpful tools don't have you filling up pages with words like eBooks do – just providing prompts that will assist them in doing what needs to be done. Sound handy? Check out one of my favorite workbooks for some inspiration.
5. Manuals: Do you know how many times my husband goes searching for repair manuals for things? If you’re a fixer upper type and know how to fix things…a simple how-to manual might just save someone’s day.
6. E-Books: Do you have a passion for something or an interesting story/life experience to share? Put it into an eBook! According to Statista and Google Trends, eBooks are one of the top information products that people spend their money on. You don’t need to be an experienced writer or an expert in the topic to write a book—all you need is enthusiasm and some strong research skills. Plus, eBooks are easy to market and distribute online. Whether you’re wanting to provide parenting advice or share your knowledge on baking bread, there is always an audience eager to learn from your experiences. eBooks are easily consumable, and a great way to bring in leads. For instance, you can distribute the eBook for free in exchange for emails. Plus, eBooks are great for building credibility! Sounds like a daunting task, but ebooks are easier to consume when they are short and sweet.
7. Planners: Whether its a yearly planner, a budget planner, a grocery planner or a workout planner, there’s a wealth of opportunity in this niche. Software like CANVA makes the design process easy though.
8. Journals: So simple. Design a great cover to a notebook in CANVA and you can totally call it a journal and be done. Take it a step further and make each page unique with inspiration quotes or whatever makes sense to your user’s experience.
9. Check Lists: There's a whole demographic of people who have checklists for everything! Make their world easier with one ready to go for their specific needs. (hint: You'll know this because "your people" are you. Create for them the checklists you use for yourself.
10. Cheat Sheets: I love cheat sheets! Same concept as check lists, create for them what you would use for yourself. As a FAM/NFP instructor I have created cheat sheets for the rules of my methods, and for my entrepreneur audience I have a cheat sheet for the steps needed to create the landing pages, sales pages, and email campaigns for all these digital things we create to make the flow go smoothly which saves time. This one is a freebie that goes with the course I have that teaches you how to do all that.
11. Worksheets: I like to pair worksheets with a video training. So if you have a YouTube video or a podcast, you could offer a worksheet to go along with your talk as a downloadable for them to follow along. Some people learn better when they can write things or read it.
12. Stock Photos: If you’re a photographer, or just like taking pictures, Check out sites like Pixabay where you can sell your images. Reach out to bloggers and see if you can commission any work from them, restaurants and other business would be another opportunity for free-lance photography.
13. Spreadsheets: You can sell spreadsheets with industry-specific information ex. A client of mine created a spreadsheet for her Barrel Racing competitions that left other facilities wanting to know her secret system for keeping scores.
I have one for keeping track of all my links… or you can create fill-in-the blank spreadsheets that are best for planning and financial niches.
14. Templates: Templates make everyone’s lives easier. They are attractive because we all want easy-buttons. Templates offer a “plug-n-play” short-cut for almost anything. The most common template sales I see are social media templates for posts, Reels, etc. You could create a meal-planning template, a chore chart, feed schedule, business card design template, etc.
15. A Mini Course: A small course that is a piece of content either delivered live (like a workshop) or delivered via email or hosted online on a platform such as AttractWell. Mini-courses are a great way to dip your feet in the course creator world without the time or the commitment it requires to build and sell a full-blown signature course.
If you like teaching and are comfortable presenting on audio or video then this can be an excellent digital product for you.
If you don’t want to host your course somewhere expensive, you can simply create a FB group that is private where you share your videos and resources, or deliver it through emails if you have an email marketing system (I use AttractWell for this too).
16. Crafty Printables: For crafty mamas out there, consider selling printables or crafts that you make yourself! People love buying handmade items (especially from other moms), so this could be a great way for you to monetize something you already love doing. You can start small by offering free printables on Pinterest or Etsy before moving onto bigger projects like making jewelry or clothing items for kids.
17. Entertaining Videos: If you have a talent for creating videos, why not turn it into a home-business? I'm not talking YouTube sensation...although there is that too. I'm talking simple. Like maybe your audience is moms of littles. You can create videos of stories being read, or, if you have the skills, animations you create.
18. Memberships: Memberships work especially well for coaches and instructors. Ex. A Yoga instructor could have a membership where she does daily meditations, workouts, etc. A music or art instructor could host daily lessons. A health coach could run through daily meal plans and exercise routines….you get the idea. Other ideas could be:
19. Digital newsletter subscriptions: Maybe you create newsletters for other entrepreneurs?
20. Monthly fitness challenges
21. Weekly meal plans
22. Weekly motivational quotes
23. Meditation subscriptions
24. Yoga subscriptions
25. Online Courses: Creating online courses is one of the best ways to make money as a mompreneur. You can create courses that cater to other mothers or share your knowledge of topics like nutrition, parenting, budgeting, etc. Online courses give you the flexibility to work around your family’s schedule since you can create content on your own time and upload it when it is ready. Plus, if you price your course correctly, it can be very lucrative!
As you can see there are plenty of digital product ideas out there that don’t require too much time or effort on your part!
Generating income from home doesn’t have to be complicated. Whether you choose eBooks or printables (or both!), selling digital products gives busy moms like us the freedom and flexibility we need while still allowing us to generate income from home. So what are you waiting for? Get started today on a business venture that will benefit both yourself and your family! But don't go it alone! Join a community of other moms who are already making money from home HERE so we can help you out!
Some links may be affiliate links. See full disclosure here.